Monday, July 14, 2008

More news on Cats

*sniff* Sadly, this is not a silly story about our cats. It is a sad story. Go back a week or so. Miss Albee (the "good" black cat) was meowing like crazy outside our bedroom window around 5:00 AM. Yikes! That's too early. So, I got up and put her in the garage. Next day, same thing. Bill gets up and lets her out. Typically she is scared of everything and we expected her to hang out in the bushes by the house or under our neighbor's car. When we woke up at a more reasonable hour, she was gone. We figured that she couldn't have gone far and that she'd be back soon or we'd find her. No such luck. We gave her another day. No luck. The neighbor kid said that she thinks Miss Albee may have been seen in the street. :-( I did not see it with my own eyes, but this is one of the trusty worth girls on the street. She wasn't sure if it was Miss Albee, but all I know is that Miss Albee never came home. I'm not one to get too torn up over losing a pet. And I'm not mad at Bill for putting her out in the yard. It is just a little sad. Now we are stuck with "brat cat". Phoebe has claws and claws her way through the screens on the porch to run the neighborhood. Maybe she will meet her demise as well. Or not. We expect that she is expecting. I'm not really thrilled about this cat in the first place. We agreed to keep this cat while Jill's mom was in transition between homes. She hasn't moved to a place that takes pets yet, so we are "stuck" with this silly animal. I seriously don't want to spend money on someone else's cat. But if she does end up with kittens, she is getting taken straight to the vet to get fixed. She's been here nearly a year (I thought this would be a two week thing). I said to Bill the other day, "Bob Barker is not happy with us." Oh well.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sorry about your kitty!