Friday, July 4, 2008

Kroger Baggers

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, I dated a boy who I met through the checkout line at Kroger. Sometimes he was the checker. Sometimes he was the bagger. He had aspirations of graduating from Centre College and going to Med School.

Those days are long gone. I would not date a bagger from Kroger after my experience today.

Yes. It is July 4th and I'm sure these teenage boys have better things to do on a holiday than work, but that's life. They were really letting you know this by their attitudes and body language.

I'm one one these "weird" people who uses the blue reusable bags. A typical trip uses 10 bags. 3 of mine have gone AWOL, so I only had 7. Baggers must not be trained on how to pack these bags. I've heard that baggers aren't trained to pack ANY kind of bag. Here are some tips for packing the tote bags:

Lesson #1 - PLEASE, do not put all of the cans in the same blue bag. Those things hold A LOT. If it is all cans, I cannot lift it.

Lesson #2 - Learn what to put in the insulated bags. I try to group my cold stuff together, so this is easier to figure out. However, I've gotten some really stupid stuff placed in those things before.

Lesson #3 - The insultated bags have zippers on top for a reason. SO ZIP THEM!!!

Lesson #4 - If I'm using these bags then obviously (or maybe not so obvious) I am trying not to waste those plastic bags. So PLEASE do not put only one item in each plastic bag you have to use since I don't have space in my blue bags. Let's not be wasteful. One thing of syrup does not need its own bag. It can share with the fabric softener refill.

Lesson #5 - ONE PERSON CAN'T PUSH TWO CARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Gotta go eat my groceries now. More later.)

No comments: