Monday, February 18, 2008

What Cable Can Do to You...

We still have all of our extra channels. We didn't turn off the cable right after the Super Bowl. Although that may have been a good idea. Do I make the best use of these extra channels? You decide...
I want to check the weather. I flip on the Weather Channel. Well, they only have Locals on the 8s. It's currently the 9s and I missed it. I still want to know the weather so I might as well wait around another few minutes. While I'm here, let's flip channels... Price is Right with Drew Carey! Awesome! (humor me for a minute, some of these shows come on at totally different times of the day) American Gladiators!! It's Hulk Hogan! Cool! ... flip... House! I love House!! ...flip... Survivor! ...flip... Channel 13, Fayette County Public Schools channel has a wild bird assembly on, let's watch... Hmm... I wonder what the weather will be. Wow, 8 hours later...
*whew* That thing can wear you out! The TV, that is. It has quite a soporific effect on me. You probably didn't notice, but "Channel 13" is the only station I can't get with an antenna (except Weather Channel, of course). Our little TV is still in the dining room from the Super Bowl party. I just haven't taken it back downstairs yet. It has the super antenna on it and has a crystal clear picture on most of the channels...from the air waves. Heck, we get channels I didn't know were around with that now!!! I am certainly not paying for an extra cable outlet for that little guy. It shows the channels I actually watch, and looks great!! Having Channel 13 is helpful...kinda...when the weather wasn't looking too good last week, all Jill had to do was flip on Channel 13 and hear there was no school. Easier than waiting for the scrolling announcement at the bottom of a screen, or on the radio. So, thank you, Insight, for providing us with Channel 13.

No comments: