Thursday, August 16, 2007

What not to do on your sister's bed...

So, I'm sitting down here in the basement - probably on the computer as usual - and Neleh comes down and says "Rebekah peed on my bed on purpose." WHAT?!?!?! So, I go upstairs, confused as to why something like this might happen. Sure enough, it was true. From what I gathered, Rebekah told Neleh that she had to GO and Neleh told her to do so. Neleh MEANT go to the bathroom, but Rebekah decided that the box on Neleh's bed was good enough. WHAT!?!?! She even took the time to pull her pants down and everything. This is one of those times that I think is hilarious, but I have to do my darnedest not to let the kids know that. It's very difficult for me. I giggle way to much. After the deed had been done, Neleh moved said box across her room. So now the bed is wet, and the rug, and the floor. All this was done before I came up. When asked what she was thinking, Becka blames Neleh, of course, "She told me to go." Neleh comes back with "To the bathroom!!!" We really didn't figure out any other explanation from them.

SO - what would you do as a parent?? Becka had to strip down Neleh's bed. Luckily we still have those plastic mattress covers on their beds, so Becka had to spray and wipe that down. She had to take the box out to the herbie and clean the floor.
I ask her if she thought it would be fair if I let Neleh do the same to her bed now. She thought not, but recently I've been hearing a lot of "But that not FAIR!!!" Not that Neleh would have cooperated if I thought that was appropriate, but I didn't.

I removed Rebekah's CD player from her room. She listens to her CDs all night if you let her!! She was shocked at this. I also told her she had to sleep in her bed, not on the floor (which she likes to do). Becka was actually going to have a "sleepover" in Neleh's room tonight. HA! That didn't happen.
*sigh* She asked if she was grounded. Perhaps she is.

No comments: