Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thoughtless...football...pizza

Seems that I have had somewhat of a drought in my thought postings. That is so sad. I really don't have anything blog-worthy thoughts at the moment either...but maybe this post will develop??

I guess the most "exciting" news of the day is the dream I had last night. I was playing football & scored 3 touchdowns!! Folks kept fumbling near the goal line and I just kept scooping up the ball and running it in. The sad thing was that no one really acknowledged my accomplishments...except the scoreboard. After the game the team was in a huddle and I felt very small. T.O. and other NFL players (whose identities where fuzzier) were giving pep talks. Still...no one acknowledge that I was the one who won the game for us. Oh well.

The next scene in the dream was me trying to cook frozen pizzas at home. We have a few different brands of pizza in our freezer. You would think that you should cook all frozen pizzas the same way. NO! They are all different...this is very annoying.
*One brand is "preheat the oven then come back and set your pizza directly on the rack."
*One brand is "no need to preheat just stick the pizza on the rack."
*Then you have "Preheat and stick the pizza in the oven on a pan."
*My least favorite is "Preheat the oven WITH THE PAN INSIDE, then put the pizza on the preheated pan." This last one often messes me up cause I just turn the oven on and let it preheat (without paying attention to which brand I am fixing). Then I go to put the pizza in and realize that I didn't preheat the pan! SO- often I just go try to find one of the other brands of pizza that doesn't need a preheated pan.
*The other "issue" I have with these pizzas is that they don't all preheat to the same temperature! What is the deal?!?! Isn't frozen pizza...frozen pizza? Why all of the confusion?
*Today we ate little pizzas that can be cooked in the oven...or microwave. We were hungry and opted for the microwave.

Well, this confusion will not deter me from buying frozen pizza though!!

And how does "winning a football game without recognition" relate to "standing in front of my open oven containing two different brands of pizza trying to make sense of it"?? Maybe it represents the life of a mom. Figuring out the pizza puzzle without anyone acknowledging that this is more complicated than it looks! er...maybe they aren't related at all. After that big game, I was hungry. *shrug*

And now I am, again, thoughtless...yet hungry for pizza wishing that it was football season.

No comments: