Friday, July 6, 2007

A word about work and getting there on time

Well, I am employed. It doesn't always feel real because it is quite sporadic, but this week we had 3 projects to work on. (I'm with a Market Research Company). I even went into the office on Monday and worked a 10-hour day!!! Wow. When was the last time I did that? Oh, about 8 years ago!!! Then on Tuesday, I went into the office for a few hours in the morning, then came home and did a bunch of stuff from my home computer. Again, nearly a 10 hour day!!! I'm pooped. How do people do that daily? Even if just 8 hours, woa. I think I'll stay in my current role: stay-at-home, homeschooling, work-part-time-at-home mom. Works for me. Of course, some might argue that my life is much busier than actually having a 9-5 job. Maybe. But getting up to be somewhere at 9 everyday...that's rough. I did it on Monday and Tuesday. I had to get up early today too cause the roofers are here. Hmm...I'll leave that alone for now. Only one thought at a time on this blog.
Anyhow, Kudos to all of you out there who actually do this everyday!!! Everyone who knows me knows that Jennifer does not get up early. Never have. Probably never will. I had a really lame job in retail once. The crappy thing was that I had to be there by 9 and if I clocked in late, I got a "bad mark" or whatever. HOWEVER, if you call in sick, no big deal. Whatever! So when I was running late, heck, I just called in. Not sure I could get away with that now that I am older and wiser. (That was 10 years ago...)
Anyway -- if you ever plan to give me a call in the morning, wait until after 9...at least...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Here here to not getting up in the morning!!!! Same with me in the summer....don't call until after nine, hopefully 10.